Find out more about the SKAO
Established as an intergovernmental organisation in May 2021, the SKAO is achieved through the committed collaboration of its participating Member States and institutions. Only through this combined capacity in resources, knowledge, and experience (industrial, technical, scientific and at policy level) will the SKA Project be realised.
As an intergovernmental organisation and one of the world’s largest science facilities, with a truly global membership, we take our responsibilities seriously. Sustainability and respect to all our communities are at the heart of how we operate, driven by a commitment to fundamental science and technology.
Join an international team
The SKAO brings together a wealth of the world’s finest scientists, engineers, policy makers and specialists in many other fields, collaborating in a dynamic, inclusive environment.
- We are a fast-growing organisation with international scope, working with partners in 20+ countries around the world.
- Staff at the SKAO Global HQ represent more than 20 different nationalities.
- We pride ourselves on fostering a friendly work atmosphere where national traditions are celebrated.
- Our staff enjoy a high degree of responsibility and independence, and many undertake international travel (dependent on role and the global travel situation).
- We actively support continuous professional development, through providing interesting, challenging roles and opportunities.
Learn more about what we are building, the science it will enable, and the wider impact of the SKAO on our website: https://www.skao.int/en/about-us/91/history-ska-project